Are you an avid gamer looking to connect with your friends and communities while playing your favorite games on Oculus Quest 2? Look no further! Discord, a popular app for group communication, is now available on your Quest 2.
With the virtual desktop feature, you can wirelessly operate your PC from your headset, making it easier than ever to stream games through Discord. Whether you’re streaming mobile, PC, or VR games, Discord provides a stable and reliable connection for high-quality gameplay
How To Get Discord In On Oculus Quest 2?
Just follow my simple step-by-step guide and by the end, you’ll have Discord installed on your Oculus Quest 2! Here’s how to get Discord up and running on your device:
- Firstly, turn on your headset and go to your phone’s menu. From there, navigate to Devices and then Developer mode. Toggle the switch to turn it on. This will allow you to access the necessary settings for installing Discord on your Oculus Quest 2.
- Open your PC and download both the Discord and Oculus software. These are essential for setting up Discord on your headset.
- Next, download SideQuest on your PC. SideQuest is a platform that allows you to sideload apps onto your Oculus Quest 2. You’ll need it to get the necessary files onto your headset.
- Connect your Quest 2 to your laptop or computer using a USB-C cable. If your laptop doesn’t have a USB-C port, you can use a USB-A port with a converter. Put on your headset while it’s connected.
- Allow your PC to access data from your Oculus Quest 2. Keep an eye on the dot in the top left corner of SideQuest – it should turn from red to green if your connection is successful.
- In SideQuest, click on the box with an arrow at the top right-hand corner. Select both APK files that you previously downloaded. Then, click the Install button and wait for the installation process to complete.
- Once the installation is done, SideQuest will inform you that all tasks are complete. Put on your Quest 2 and go to the Apps section. In the top right corner, click on “All” and change it to “Unknown Sources”.
- Now, click on the Oculus button on your Quest 2 controller to open the toolkit. This will allow you to run Discord in the background while streaming games.
- Click “Remove Accounts” and remove all the accounts visible on the screen. They will reappear after a while.
- Take off your Oculus Quest 2 and go back to SideQuest. Click on the “Run ADB commands” option in the top right-hand corner, then select “Custom Command”.
- Copy and paste the following command into the command box: “adb shell dpm set-device-owner com.bos.oculess/.DevAdminReceiver”. Click the “Run command” button and wait for the “Success” message to appear below.
So these were the easy 12 steps method to get Discord into your Oculus Quest 2. Here are all the steps that you need to follow and now you can do it easily. If you face any problems performing these steps, let us know in the comment section. We are always there for you. Hope you will find this article helpful. Happy gaming and happy connecting with your friends and communities on Discord through your Oculus Quest 2!